General

I have a question or suggestion...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Ask for username and password when connecting unattended

I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to assign a username/password for unattended access. Or use existing username/password on the windows OS.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Windows 8 device buying tips

If you're thinking about buying a Windows 8 device, here are my suggestions:

1) there are two types of keyboards: Type and Touch. I strongly recommend the Type keyboard.

2) there are two different flavours of the operating system: RT and Pro. Microsoft no longer refers to RT as "RT", they just call it "Windows". I'll call it RT here for the sake of clarity.

RT allows you to run Windows 8 apps, but not legacy desktop apps (standard EXEs) -- just like how a Mac can't run iPad apps. The difference with Windows is that a Windows 8 desktop…

11 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Currently in use or not

LogMeIn has a feature where, as you start the process of beginning an unattended session, it will tell you if the "mouse and keyboard are currently in use" or "mouse and keyboard have been inactive for X hours and minutes' indicating whether the user is currently using the computer or if it is available for unattended support without disrupting the user.

78 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Auto decline after timeout

At times, a client will start a session when I'm either not home or so late I've gone to bed. I've also had reconnects occur when I'm in bed too from work I was doing before. Usually the result of combofix. Can we make it so that after x minutes it disconnects with a prompt on both sides?

10 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Windows 10 client

Would it be possible to resize and rearrange the tiles? By this I mean shrink and move the Feedback and Admin tiles out to the right, shrink the Waiting tile to a respectable size, and similarly the Unattended Access tiles, bringing them into a more prominent position. This would eliminate the need to go full screen just to see them. At the moment the interface may well be best suited for high res, low size touch screens, but rather awkward on a desktop client.

Great work on the service though - I just used it to fix a Windows 10…

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for suggestions! After your first login, the feedback and admin tiles should be moved out of the way by default (ie, tucked away at the left of the screen, out of view until you scroll left). If you’re experiencing something different, please let me know.

I’m not sure that shrinking the “Waiting for incoming calls” will have the effect that you desire — specifically bringing more real estate to the screen, which is what I assume you want. It needs to be in its own column, and shrinking it wouldn’t provide any benefit in that sense.

If you can help me understand where the awkwardness is from your perspective, I’m all ears. I use the modern app from a desktop (and have for the past few years) every day. I may be blind to it because I’ve gotten used to it, and would love to hear your feedback.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base