I have a question or suggestion...

Remotely wiping a PC ?

Quite often I get asked to wipe all data from a PC prior to disposal or re-use. Does anyone have a way that works through Instant Housecall ? I want to initiate a reboot and complete secure wipe of all drives without too much input from the customer.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Bryan Davies shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reaching out. You can do that in the traditional way: by deleting the files by hand, then rebooting the machine. If you’re using repair automation, there are options to securely delete, or run CCleaner which also offers wiping abilities with complex overwrite. There are other tools, some of which you can find here that also do complex overwrites: http://www.howtogeek.com/72130/learn-how-to-securely-delete-files-in-windows/

Of course, you won’t be able to delete the operating system that Instant Housecall runs on, or Instant Housecall itself but pretty much everything else should be fair game. After you reboot the computer, you’ll be able to instruct your customer how to complete the deletion of Instant Housecall and the OS itself.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base