- There is no charge for sub-accounts
- Sub-accounts do not appear in your Specialist drop down list
- Sub-accounts can only use unattended remote access. They cannot accept on-demand sessions
- Sub-accounts are limited to 1 unattended PC at a time (Need more? Contact support)
Step 1: Create a sub-account
- In the administrator control panel, scroll down to Manage Specialists
- In the sub-accounts fields, fill in the name, e-mail address, and default password for your sub-account. Sub-account users can change the password you assign.
Step 2: Install the support app on the computer your sub-account user wants to control
- Download and Run the Support App onto the PC you want to control via your support portal (yourCompany.instanthousecall.com) or download link
- Click the 'Options' tab on the Start Session screen
- Type the e-mail address for the sub-account, then Click Choose
The dialogue will indicate that you are connecting to a sub-account. Click 'Allow unattended access'.
Step 3: Direct sub-account user to download Specialist Sign-inSub-account users control the remote PC with the Specialist Sign-in, just like a regular Specialist does. They can download unlimited copies using your licence at no cost, and install it on unlimited PCs.
- Provide your sub-account user with the link to Specialist Sign in: www.instanthousecall.com/SpecialistInstaller.msi
- Once they run the Specialist Sign-in, they can login with the credentials you created in Step 1
- Right-click the system tray icon, choose Unattended Access, then choose the PC to control
How much do sub-accounts cost?
- Sub-accounts are free with your Instant Housecall subscription.
- You can charge your customers for sub-accounts if you wish to do so.
- Yes. Each unattended PC used by a sub-account counts toward your unattended access quota.
- Sub-accounts that are created, but do not have an unattended PC attached to them, do not count toward your quota.
Do sub-accounts count toward my concurrent sessions?
- No. Sub-account concurrent sessions are free. They do not count toward your concurrent sessions
Does my brand appear on the support app?
- Yes. The support app will show your company logo, splash screen, lower-third, and icon (if configured). The Specialist Sign-in is not branded.
Can a sub-account and a Specialist both have unattended access to the same PC?
- Yes. Both you and your sub-account users can have unattended remote access to a single PC.
- You do not need to install multiple copies of the support app. You can add the each Specialist or sub-account via the Options tab in the usual way
- An overview of all Specialists and sub-account users can be viewed via the support app: Click "Change Unattended Access Settings" (hyperlink) in the General tab on the Start Session screen
Can a sub-account and a Specialist both remote into the same PC at the same time?
- No. If a sub-account user is remoted into a PC, it will show up as "Offline" to the Specialist until the session ends.